A Center of Spoken Language and Acoustics Signal Processing
Welcome to the Acoustics Lab! The lab was established in 2019, with research interests in audio signal processing, spatial audio reality, and sound perception.
We, at ITU Lahore, are working on Sound signals processing and speech perception. We are in pursuit of prime datasets collection to fashion an across the board speech emotion recognition (SER) system. Our work is highly research-oriented that leads to many important applications like personalized robot assistants, diagnosis of psychological disorders, and getting feedback from a low-tech-enabled population. Currently, we are working on speaker profiling, multi-lingual SER, and domain adapted and domain generalized SER.
Dr. Mudassir Shabbir is an Assistant Professor at Information Technology University, Lahore. He leads the TheoryGroup and the Acoustics Lab. He is also the Director of Crime Investigation and Prevention Lab (CIPL) at ITU, Lahore. His research interests include Algorithmic and Discrete Geometry, Combinatorics, Extremal Graph Theory, and Machine Learning with Graphs. Dr. Mudassir Shabbir received his Ph.D. from the Division of Computer Science, Rutgers University, NJ USA.
PhD fellow, TheoryGroup
Obaid Ullah Ahmad
Research Assistant, TheoryGroup
Research Assistant, TheoryGroup
Research Assistant, TheoryGroup
- SEMOUR: A Scripted Emotional Speech Repository for Urdu. N. Zaheer, O. Ahmad, A. Ahmed, S. Khan and M. Shabbir, International conference of Human Computer Interaction (CHI), 2021
- Resilient multi-robot target pursuit J. Li, W. Abbas, M. Shabbir, and X. Koutsoukos. Proceedings of the 7th Symposium on Hot Topics in the Science of Security 2020.
- Strong Structural Controllability of Diffusively Coupled Networks: Comparison of Bounds Based on Distances and Zero Forcing. Y. Yazicioglu, M. Shabbir, W. Abbas, and X. Koutsoukos. Conference on Decision and Control 2020.
- Resilient Distributed Diffusion for Multi-Robot Systems Using Centerpoint. J. Li, W. Abbas, M. Shabbir, and X. Koutsoukos. 16th Robotics: Science and Systems (RSS) 2020.
- Resilient Vector Consensus in Multi-Agent Networks Using Centerpoints. M. Shabbir, J. Li, W. Abbas, and X. Koutsoukos. American Controls Conference 2020.
- Improving Network Robustness through Edge Augmentation While Preserving Strong Structural Controllability. W. Abbas, M. Shabbir, H. Jaleel, and X. Koutsoukos. American Controls Conference 2020.
- Estimating Descriptors for Large Graphs. Z. Hassan, M. Shabbir, I. Khan, and W. Abbas. Pacific-Asia Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining 2020.
- Structural Robustness to Noise in Consensus Networks: Impact of Average Degrees and Average Distances. Y. Yazicioglu, W. Abbas, and M. Shabbir. Conference on Decision and Control 2019.
- On the Computation of a Lower Bound on Strong Structural Controllability in Networks. M. Shabbir, W. Abbas, and Y. Yazicioglu. Conference on Decision and Control 2019.
- On the Trade-off Between Controllability and Robustness in Networks of Diffusively Coupled Agents. W. Abbas, M. Shabbir, Y. Yazicioglu, and A. Akbar. American Controls Conference 2019.
- Efficient Approximation Algorithms for Strings Kernel Based Sequence Classification. M. Farhan, J. Tariq, A. Zaman, M. Shabbir, and I. Khan. NIPS 2017.
- Deep Stylometry and Lexical & Syntactic Features based Author Attribution on PLOS Full Text Digital Repository. S. Hassan, M. Imran, T. Iftikhar, I. Safder and M. Shabbir. ICADL 2017.
- Scalable Approximation Algorithm for Network Immunization J. Tariq, M. Ahmad, I. Khan, and M. Shabbir. PACIS 2017.
- Affine-Invariant Outlier Detection and Data Visualization M. Shabbir, A. Jamshed and I. Khan PACIS 2017.
- Spectral Methods for Immunization of Large Networks. M. Ahmad, J. Tariq, M. Farhan, M. Shabbir, and I. Khan. AusDM 2016.
- Computing Small Hitting Sets for Convex Ranges. S. Langerman, M. Shabbir, and W. Steiger. 16th Japan Conference on Discrete and Computational Geometry and Graphs, 2013.
- Computing Small Hitting Sets for Convex Ranges. S. Langerman, M. Shabbir, and W. Steiger In FWCG`12, 2012.
- Ray-Shooting Depth: Computing Statistical Data Depth of Point Sets in the Plane. N. Mustafa, S. Ray, and M. Shabbir. In ESA 2011: 506-517 2011.
- Acceleration of Smith-Waterman Using Recursive Variable Expansion. Z. Nawaz, Z. Al-Ars, K. Bretels, and M. Shabbir. In DSD`08, 2008.
- Dgsd: Distributed graph representation via graph statistical properties. A. Said, S. Hassan, S. Tuarob, R. Nawaz, and M. Shabbir, Future Generation Computer Systems, 2021.
- Optimal School Site Selection in Urban Areas using Deep Neural Networks. N. Zaheer, S. Hassan, M. Ali, and M. Shabbir, Journal of Ambient Intelligence and Humanized Computing, 2021.
- Seymour’s Second Neighborhood Conjecture for 6-antitransitive Digraphs Z. Hassan, I. Farid, M. Poshni, and M. Shabbir. Discrete Applied Mathematics 2020.
- Netki: A kirchhoff index based statistical graph embedding in nearly linear time. A. Said, S. Hassan, W. Abbas, and M. Shabbir, Neurocomputing, 2020
- Structural Robustness to Noise in Consensus Networks: Impact of Degrees and Distances, Fundamental Limits, and Extremal Graphs Y. Yazicioglu, W. Abbas, and M. Shabbir. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control 2020.
- Trade-off Between Controllability and Robustness in Diffusively Coupled Networks W. Abbas, Y. Yazicioglu, M. Shabbir, and A. Akbar. IEEE Transactions on Control of Network Systems 2020.
- Interpretable Multi-Scale Graph Descriptors via Structural Compression Z. Hassan, A. Ahmad, and M. Shabbir. Information Sciences 2020.
- Tweet Coupling: A Social Media Methodology for Clustering Scientific Publications. S. Hassan, N. Aljohani, M. Shabbir, U. Ali, S. Iqbal, R. Sarwar, E. Martinez- Camara, S. Ventura and F. Herrera Scientometrics. 2020.
- Combinatorial Trace Method for Network Immunization M. Ahmad, S. Ali, J. Tariq, M. Shabbir, and A. Zaman. Information Sciences 2020.
- Leveraging Deep Learning and SNA approaches for Smart City Policing in the Developing World S. Hassan, M. Shabbir, S. Iqbal, A. Said, F. Kamiran, R.Nawaz, and U. Saif International Journal of Information Management 2019.
- Influential Tweeters in Relation to Highly Cited Articles in Altmetric Big Data Saeed Ul Hassan, T. Bowman, M. Shabbir, A. Akhter, M. Imran, and N. Aljohani. Scientometrics 2019.
- Graph-Theoretic Approach for Increasing Participation in Networks with Assorted Resources W. Abbas, A. Laszka, M. Shabbir, and X. Koutsoukos. IEEE Transactions on Network Science and Engineering 2018.
- Network Decontamination with a Single Agent Y. Daadaa, A. Jamshed, and M. Shabbir. Graphs and Combinatorics 2015.
- Spectral Methods for Immunization of Large Networks M. Ahmad, J. Tariq, M. Shabbir, and I. Khan. Australasian Journal of Information Systems 2017.
- Centerflat Conjectures for Points in d-dimensions. N. Mustafa, S. Ray, and M. Shabbir. IJCGA, 2015
The Scripted Emotional Speech Repository for Urdu (SEMOUR) is the first scripted database of emotion-tagged speech in the Urdu language. This gender-balanced dataset contains 15, 040 unique instances recorded by eight actors eliciting a syntactically complex script.